Volunteer work is integral to our operations, and we value the skills, expertise and commitment of our wonderful volunteers.
Volunteers are one of our greatest assets! Volunteers are important not only for the time they contribute, but also for their knowledge skills, enthusiasm and fresh points of view. All of this enhances our creativity and quality of service to the community. We are always looking for volunteers to help with various positions at our special events in support of the Art Gallery of St. Albert, Musée Héritage Museum and the Heritage Sites.
Below are just some of our annual events that require volunteers:
- Gallery fundraiser – individuals needed for supporting event activities before and during the event
- Canada Day (July 1) – individuals needed for supporting children’s programming (Gallery and Heritage) and directing park patrons
- Harvest Festival (September) – individuals needed for supporting children’s programming (Gallery and Heritage) and directing park patrons
Occasionally, we will require volunteers to support front line duties such as welcoming patrons at Art Gallery of St Albert and the Musée Héritage Museum.
Art Gallery of St. Albert has three ongoing volunteer opportunities. Interested individuals should contact the Gallery directly at: 780.460.4310 or email@example.com.
- Community Programs Volunteer — assisting with children and youth programs at the AGSA or St. Albert Place visual arts studios. Duties include preparing art program materials, creating project samples, supervising and assisting participants during programs, and assisting instructors with program set-up and clean-up. We are looking for volunteers who are energetic, enthusiastic and friendly and who are comfortable working with children. Experience working within a variety of artistic media is an asset but not a requirement. All community programs volunteers will be required to provide a clear RCMP criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check before assisting with a program.Time Commitment: 3–4 hours a month.
- Special Events Volunteer – Assisting at our public exhibition opening receptions, the Special Event Volunteer meets the public as they enter the gallery, records visitor numbers and distributes general exhibition and gallery information to those entering and leaving the building. Other duties include; assisting with the preparation of refreshments; supervising other areas of the gallery, such as the Art Rental and Sales Gallery and assisting with the take down and clean up of the event. We are looking for volunteers who are energetic, enthusiastic and friendly and who are comfortable initiating contact with the public. Time Commitment: 3–4 hours, once per month (Usually Thursday Evenings 6–9 pm)
- Front Desk Volunteer (Weekdays/Saturdays) – Available for one 3-4 hour shift between Tuesday and Saturday, Front Desk Volunteers meet the public as they enter the gallery, record visitor numbers and distribute general exhibition and gallery information to those entering and leaving the building. Other duties include; preparing programing materials, answering general visitor questions at front desk and where required directing questions to Gallery Staff members, conducting visitor surveys and assisting with general administrative duties such as filing, stuffing envelopes and answering or redirecting phone calls. Weekend volunteers also greet and sign in visitors who have preregistered for programs, as well as wait for and guide latecomers to their program. We are looking for well presented volunteers who are; proactive, enthusiastic, friendly and comfortable initiating contact with the public. Time Commitment: 3—4 hours, twice a month (minimum), often over the lunch hour or Thursday evenings (3—4 hours between 10am to 5pm Tuesday to Saturday, 10am to 8pm Thursdays)
Once a year, beginning around November, volunteers from every role will be invited to assist with Gallery Fundraiser preparations in addition to their regular duties up to the day of the event. This event usually runs yearly on an evening in late February.
For more information on all volunteer opportunities, please call at 780-651-5739 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.